There are many substances that have addictive properties. Most people has not yet tried all these substances. Of people who have tried them, abuse and dependence that does not really follow. The vulnerability to substance-related disorders matters and is seen as the reason for this. There are many theories to actually prove it.
Deficiencies on morality was seen as the reason as to why people get addicted to drugs and alcohol.. Drug and alcohol addicts were simply perceived as weak, bad people who would not exert control over their impulses. In the 1960S, this view has been replaced by the disease model of addiction. The disease model of addiction states that drug and alcohol addiction is an incurable physical disease just like epilepsy or diabetes. This model has been supported fairly by research on the genetics and biology of drug and alcohol addiction, but there clearly are social and psychological forces that make some people more prone to these disorders than are others. The vulnerability of an individual to substance abuse and dependence is increased by factors such as biological, social, and psychological.
When we talk about biological theories, it is one of the most prominent in the literature on substance- related disorders. There are typically three reasons for this. First, there are numerous theorists that attribute the vulnerability to these disorders to genetics. Second, people who become substance dependent or abusive may react differently physiologically to substances than those who become dependent or abusive. Third, some theorists have argued that drug and alcohol addiction really represents an underlying biological depression. These are drug and alcohol facts which may help us understand how it has thrive in our lives and in our society. There are still many drug and alcohol facts to help and warn us against its effects. Let us try to know them one by one.
• Effects of addictive drugs can never be predicted.
• Drug addiction can lead to impairment.
• Drug addiction can be treated via drug rehab.
• The production and selling of drugs are illegal in most countries.
• There are many over the counter drugs that are abused by many people.
• There are differences in drug tolerance.
• On most aspects, the effects of alcohol are negative.
• Alcohol serves as a depressant to the body.
• Alcohol has long term effects .
• An individual can be greatly affected even just for a small amount of alcohol.
• Alcohol should never be consumed with medications.
• Alcohol can be passed genetically.
• Alcohol can cause major damage to the brain.
• A person should never drink with an empty stomach.
• Removing alcohol from the household can lessen a family member to develop alcoholism.
• Alcohol can cause major damage to the liver.
• A whole lot of money is used in a yearly consumption of alcohol in every country.
• Prolonged alcohol use can cause weight gain.
• Alcohol use has been the major preceding factor of a crime.
• As early as 11 years old, children are said by statistics to have tasted alcohol.
• Alcohol can be a poison to children.
Drug and alcohol facts should be known in order for people to think before ingesting them.